OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card: 2022 Review
The OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card offered by Capital Bank is an excellent choice to help rebuild your bad credit. The card doesn’t have a credit report required to apply, and your credit score isn’t a factor, just like it does when you use traditional credit cards. You can even get the card you want without any credit score.
There are different secured credit cards with lower costs or more significant incentives and advantages when you do not have the right qualifications for one of the options. OpenSky Secured Credit Card could be the helping hand you require to boost your score.
- No credit check
- APR that is relatively low for the “bad credit” card
- No bank account required
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- There is an annual fee
- There is no credit check required to apply. Find immediately if you’re accepted.
- OpenSky Secured Cards provide everyone with the opportunity to improve their credit score with an average approval rate over the past five years
- Consider an increase in credit line after six months, and with no additional deposit needed
- You may be eligible to apply for an OpenSky Gold Unsecured Card after up to six months
- Every month, it reports to all three credit bureaus and is not like a prepaid or debit card.
- About half of OpenSky cardholders who pay on-time payments improve or boost their FICO score by 30+ points in the initial three months
- The deposit you make is refundable up to $200. Secured credit cards require a refundable security deposit, which is used to establish your Opensky secured credit limit.
- Quick and easy application, install in under 5 minutes on your mobile device
- A Flexible payment that allows you to select any due date that matches your payment plan
- Get protection from unauthorized purchases with a zero loss for fraud
- *Credit Card Review the cardholder agreement
Secured credit cards can be a fantastic option to begin building credit or to improve your credit score and improve your score. With the security deposit, paying certain charges, and making payments each month on time, you’ll be able to build up your credit score over time.
There are many reasons you might need to obtain a secured credit card. There could be a chance that you’ve recently experienced bankruptcy, or you might have a tax debt or committed a mistake at some point in your life, or missed certain payments and saw your credit score decrease. One of the most common reasons is that you’ve not had credit in the past and thus don’t have a credit score.
OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card is different from the rest since it doesn’t need an application for credit or a bank account to be accepted. This is especially beneficial for those who have bankruptcies or back taxes because most secured credit cards cannot approve you for the same reasons. Using this OpenSky Secured Visa Card makes it possible to get back on track regardless of what your credit history looks like.
A Quick Overview
- There is no credit check or even a bank account required to apply
- Annual fee of $35
- An initial deposit of $200 to $3,000 required
- The credit amount you can use is the same as your deposit amount.
- Three major credit bureaus
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Other Benefits of Card
While Capital Bank’s Secure Site doesn’t provide additional advantages for this card since it’s a Visa, it comes with some different gifts from those we’ve discussed previously. Visa offers these benefits as part of their traditional benefit level.
- Zero-Fraud Security: You’re not held accountable for any fraudulent charges made to your credit card account.
- ID Navigator Identity Theft Protections Join this no-cost service offered by Norton LifeLock and get credit monitoring and support when your identity has been compromised.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: When your vehicle has a mechanical issue, you can call Visa to send roadside assistance for you. The customer is accountable for paying for any assistance you receive from the roadside assistance company that has been dispatched.
- The Cardholder Information Service Receive 24/7 access to a Visa representative for any inquiries regarding your account.
Rates of Interest
- APR: 17.39% (variable)
- The annual fee is $35.
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3.3% of every transaction that is in U.S. dollars
- Cash Advance Fee $6 or 5 percent of the total amount of each Cash Advance, the greater amount.
How the Card Stacks Up
If you’re looking for a secured credit card to help you improve your credit rating enhance your credit score. Start your credit journey, you have a number of options from a number of institutions. Each card has various advantages and charges. Let’s look at some excellent options and how they compare with one of the most popular ones, the OpenSky Secured Card offered by Capital Bank.
OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card vs. Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
Although it will require an examination of credit to be approved procedure, the Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card is quickly recognized as having a lower cost than other secured credit cards like the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card. It has zero annual fees and no foreign transaction charges.
Capital One secured card is among the few that can provide those who qualify with a higher credit limit than the initially secured deposit. Based on your credit report and your financial details, you may be required to make a $49, $99, or $200 minimum refundable security deposit to receive the initial credit amount of 200 dollars. When you close your account in good standing, you will get your security deposit refunded.
The credit line will increase if you deposit a more significant initial deposit. New accounts will be automatically evaluated for an increase in credit line as soon as six months.
No credit check is necessary. While many credit card issuers will check your credit scores and reports when you apply, OpenSky will not.
OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card Vs. Citi Secured Mastercard
Like the secured credit card offer from Capital One, the Citi Secured Mastercard also does not charge an annual fee, which is a prominent selling feature of the card. Like the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card, your own credit limit will be equivalent to the amount you initially deposited.
One of the great benefits of this card, Citi Secured Mastercard, is that it allows you to pay off your balance until midnight, the day that it is due via online payment or phone. Other banks’ cut-off times begin at 7 or 8 pm on the due date. The midnight deadline could assist if you’re waiting for a paycheck or money from a different source and you don’t want to make an untimely payment.
OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card vs. Discover it Secured Credit Card.
The Discover It Secured Credit Card incorporates the top attributes of the cards previously mentioned. Offers an additional rewards program. This card will have reports to the three credit reporting agencies. You’ll also have the option to make payments until midnight on the due date and even cash-back rewards.
It is a credit card that offers perks. A Secured Credit Card earns you 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 of cumulative and combined purchases each quarter. You can also earn money back of 1% on other purchases. As an additional benefit, Discover will double all of the cashback earned by the conclusion of the first year you’ve got the card.
Contrary to other credit cards like the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card. However, it could be a little more challenging to be approved because of the credit screening. However, if you’re eligible, the advantages make it among the most desirable choices for secured credit cards that you can come across.
Does The Card Fit You?
The OpenSky Credit Card might not come with low fees or top benefits. It’s one of the most suitable choices for people with damaged credit. Recently filed bankruptcy, or who have a debt of taxes. Since they don’t check the credit report, anyone with an active Social Security number can apply and accept an account.
If your credit score isn’t fantastic or you don’t have one, the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card may be a good option for you. It might be the first step in regaining control of your finances.
credit card companies, credit card company, cash advance fee, credit card issuer, credit score drop, balance transfers, build credit score ranges, personal finance writer, payment schedule enjoy protection, Opensky visa credit limit